Orange Cardamom Mini Bundt Cakes
This recipe yields 6-7 mini bundt cakes.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting the pan if needed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves only
- 1 tablespoon orange zest or zest from one orange
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or puréed peeled apples in a food processor
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter melted
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray your mini bundt pan with non-stick baking spray. Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour with the granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ground cloves, fresh thyme and orange zest. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, eggs, oil and melted butter. Add the flour mixture into the applesauce mixture and stir until evenly combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared wells of the mini bundt pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15-20 minutes. When cooled, use a fork if needed to loosen the outer edges of each mini bundt and place a serving plate or wire rack on top of the pan and invert it onto the plate or wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar and enjoy.