Arugula and Artichoke Pasta Salad
All of the vegetables in this pasta salad are raw but if you prefer them to be cooked a bit, simply saute with some Pompeian Arbequina extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time16 mins
- 1/2 lb. penne pasta
- 1 heaping cup artichoke hearts canned or jarred, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives chopped
- 3/4 cup red onions coarsely chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms coarsely chopped or diced
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar + more if needed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- season with salt and pepper if needed
Clean, chop and prep all of your vegetables. Place into a large mixing bowl, except the arugula. Set aside.
Heat a large pot of salted, water over high heat and cook penne pasta according to box instructions. Cook to al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard. Taste and adjust any ingredients as necessary.
Drain and rinse the penne pasta and immediately add the pasta into the large mixing bowl with the vegetables (while the pasta is still hot), mix together, add the fresh arugula and pour on the dressing and toss well again. Season with salt and pepper if needed and enjoy immediately.