Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe yields about 4 dozen cookies.
Servings: 4 dozen
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping cup pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/4 cups blend of semi-sweet + bittersweet chocolate chips
- Special equipment suggested: a OXO medium cookie scoop
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or your non-stick silicone baking mat.
Using your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium-high speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and pumpkin and mix together for another minute or 2. Add the creamy peanut butter and mix until well combined.
In a separate medium to large sized mixing bowl, blend together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. While your stand mixer is on a slow speed, slowly pour the dry flour mixture into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl if needed. Add the chocolate chips and mix again until fully incorporated.
Using your medium sized cookie scoop, or a little larger than a tablespoon, drop cookie dough balls onto your prepared baking sheet and press down on each slightly to make the cookies flatter and bake for about 12 -14 minutes, or until set and the edges of the cookies are nice and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.