Mexican Biscuit Casserole
Depending on how you arrange the biscuits in your casserole dish, you may have 2 extra biscuits. I baked these separately and ate them before dinner was on the table.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 - 1.25 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans
- 1 package Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chipotle cheddar cheese freshly grated
- serve with salsa and sour cream
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Using a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. After a minute or two, add the diced onions and bell peppers and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the lean ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
Add the taco seasoning mix, frozen corn and black beans and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately pour the hot ground beef mixture into your casserole dish and top with the biscuits. Brush the melted butter on top of each biscuit and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle on the cheese. Brush biscuits with more butter and bake for another 3 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.