Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
*I haven't tried it yet but you could probably sub almond milk here too
- 4 cups milk whole or 2%*
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Irish cream optional
- whipped cream and chocolate shavings for fun
- candy canes peppermint sticks or pocky sticks (found at most Asian markets)
In a medium saucepan over medium to medium-high heat, combine the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, hazelnut spread, ground cinnamon and irish cream (if using). Stir occasionally until sugar and hazelnut spread are dissolved and the mixture is evenly heated through.
Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and serve with a candy cane, peppermint stick or a fun chocolate covered pocky stick. Enjoy!