Tofu Spinach Power Wrap
I'm providing two other dressing options below this recipe card. For the tofu, if you're feeling really Asian, sprinkle some furikake on your tofu after you have pan fried.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- roasted sesame seeds optional
For the wraps:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 container extra firm tofu; drained rinsed, pressed with paper towels and sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 large sized whole wheat soft tortillas
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 cucumber julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- red cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- Sriracha sauce optional
For the wraps:
Using a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu slices and cook on each side until nicely browned and crispy, for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and slice into strips.
Working with your whole wheat tortilla on a clean, flat surface (you can also warm up your tortilla if preferred) lay in the tofu strips and all of the cut veggies, starting with the carrots, cucumbers, red bell pepper strips and red cabbage. Next, lay the spinach on top and add the alfalfa sprouts on the side. Add the dressing on top and roll the tortilla closed, starting from one end and rolling to the other end. Slice and serve with extra dressing on the side and sriracha sauce for a kick.