Fennel Apple Salad
I like to use a vegetable peeler to shave a few slices of parmesan over the top of the salad.
- 4 ounces about 4 packed cups fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 1 small fennel bulb sliced thin or shaved on a mandoline
- 1/2 small apple (Gala, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Red Delicious) unpeeled and sliced thin or shaved on a mandoline
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to serve
Combine the arugula, shaved fennel and apple slices in a serving bowl and gently toss together. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, and lemon zest, adding another glug of olive oil if you need it. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix again.
Serve the salad and drizzle on the dressing. Serve with some big slivers of parmesan cheese and enjoy immediately.