Zucchini Noodles with Puttanesca Sauce
Some spiralizer brands are different so just use the blade that will give you the thinner noodles.
- 2 large sized zucchini unpeeled and spiralized with blade C
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ⅓ cup black olives pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes optional
- few slivers of Parmesan cheese optional
Spiralize your zucchini and set aside. Using a large sized sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. After a minute or two, add the onions, anchovy paste and garlic and sauté for a few minutes, or until the onions just start to soften a bit.
Add the crushed tomatoes, olives and chopped basil, turn the heat up and bring the sauce to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and toss gently, coating all the zucchini with the sauce. Cook for a few minutes and season with crushed red pepper flakes if desired. Serve with big slivers of parmesan cheese and enjoy!