Zucchini Noodles with Puttanesca Sauce
Some spiralizer brands are different so just use the blade that will give you the thinner noodles.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 large sized zucchini unpeeled and spiralized with blade C
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ⅓ cup black olives pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes optional
- few slivers of Parmesan cheese optional
Spiralize your zucchini and set aside. Using a large sized sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. After a minute or two, add the onions, anchovy paste and garlic and sauté for a few minutes, or until the onions just start to soften a bit.
Add the crushed tomatoes, olives and chopped basil, turn the heat up and bring the sauce to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and toss gently, coating all the zucchini with the sauce. Cook for a few minutes and season with crushed red pepper flakes if desired. Serve with big slivers of parmesan cheese and enjoy!