*Roast the butternut squash ahead of time.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion finely diced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups of kale chopped
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash cubed*
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 to 8 Whole Grain Multigrain Van’s waffles toasted
- butter optional
- 4 eggs fried
Using a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions begin to soften, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the kale, butternut squash, and mushrooms and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Using a small bowl, mash the avocados with a fork, add in the lime juice and season with salt. Mix together, taste and adjust the lime and salt as needed.
To assemble: Spread some light butter onto the toasted waffles and top one with the avocado mixture. Spread evenly over the waffle. Top with the kale and mushroom mixture and top with a fried egg. (If desired, you can top with another waffle and make a sandwich!) Season with more salt and pepper if you'd like and enjoy immediately.