Easy One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
Quick, easy and delicious Ground Beef Stroganoff!! Perfect for a weeknight meal and will have your family asking for seconds!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 2 to 3 hefty teaspoons smoked paprika + more if needed
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 oz. egg noodles uncooked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch slurry * see notes for instructions, if needed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh parsley finely diced for garnish
Using a large pot or large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
Add the ground beef and cook until all browned. Stir in the smoked paprika. Add in the beef stock and uncooked egg noodles. Stir together and cover with lid.
Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Mix together once halfway through, mixing and incorporating all of the egg noodles. Lower the heat, mix in the cornstarch slurry if needed and stir until thickened. Add in the sour cream and mix together until incorporated. Taste and season generously with more salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!
* A cornstarch slurry is used when you want to thicken something. It usually will consist of 2 parts cold water and 1 part cornstarch. Or, if there’s liquid in the dish you are making, use a separate bowl to combine some of that liquid with the cornstarch, then add it back into the mixture to thicken it.
For this recipe, use one tablespoon of cornstarch and mix it with two tablespoons of the beef stock liquid directly from the pan. Mix together (in a separate bowl) until the cornstarch is all dissolved, then add 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch slurry into the pan and stir until thickened. You can use more or all of the cornstarch slurry if you think you will need it but one tablespoon should be enough to thicken.