Quick and Easy Vegetable Lo Mein! Make one of your favorite Chinese food take-out dishes at home, in under 30 minutes! It’s so good and perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Noodles are definitely a staple at my house. My kids love pasta and Asian noodles are one of their favorites. Because of this, Lo Mein was one of the first dishes I learned how to make. I would play around with sauce ingredients and vary what I put inside. Sometimes with beef or chicken and sometimes keeping it all vegetables.
Chinese stir fry, fried rice, beef with broccoli, shrimp with white sauce and, of course, lo mein are some of our favorites. If you haven’t tried making Chinese food at home, you really need to! You’re going to be amazed at how easy it really is. I believe the key to great Chinese food at home is using fresh, quality ingredients and making sure you have the right cooking essentials.
So, head on over to The Kitchenthusiast to read this post and to get this fabulous recipe. You don’t want to miss this one! And if you like it, please leave me a comment down below or over at KitchenAid’s blog.
MAKE-AHEAD Cook the pasta noodles and chop up all of the veggies the night before and keep in the refrigerator. This way, everything will be prepped and ready to go for dinner after a busy day!
I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil + more if needed based on taste
- ½ small to medium sized red onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ medium sized zucchini, unpeeled and chopped
- ½ medium sized summer squash, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut once in half crosswise, or left whole
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of salt
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 small carrots, peeled and shaved into strips
- ½ pound linguine noodles, cooked
- ¼ cup mushroom broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian Chinese oyster sauce
- Green onions, diced for garnish
- Using a large sauté pan or skillet, heat your sesame oil over medium-high heat. After a minute or two, add the red onions and sauté for a few minutes until slightly softened. Add in the zucchini, summer squash, snap peas, shiitake mushrooms and minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Season with salt and continue sautéing for a few minutes longer until the vegetables are tender but not too soft.
- Add the bell peppers, red cabbage and carrots and sauté for 2 to 3 more minutes. Add the cooked linguine noodles into the pan along with the mushroom broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce. Toss together for a few minutes, or until the noodles are well coated and heated through.
- Garnish with diced green onions and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Visit The Kitchenthusiast to read my blog post.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and is in conjunction with my partnership with KitchenAid and The Kitchenthusiast. All opinions expressed here, as always, are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting me in partnering with the brands that I love.