This Giveaway is now closed.
And the winner is . . . Kathy S! Kathy has been contacted. . please stay tuned for the confirmation! Thank you for participating!
Fall is here and we have a lot of exciting things going on over here today. . I love Fall for many reasons . . the leaves start to change colors (which, now that we live in Washington, can actually see!), the weather is cooler, you get to break out those sweaters, pumpkins are starting to rear their heads everywhere, Halloween is right around the corner and my fave: Baking! Not that I need a reason . . . and these days, I’m baking a lot.
With Halloween around the corner, grocery stores and retailers have candy all over the place. . so, of course I had to pick up a few bags of my favorites and make these babies! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mini marshmallows
- Any mini chocolate candy: Reeses peanut butter cups, Rolos or Snickers Peanut Butter Squares
- Melted Nutella (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease your mini muffin tin.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, mix together the softened butter and both sugars until light, smooth and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla until fully combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll the cookie dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place them in the mini-muffin pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown but not too dark around the edges.
- When finished, remove them from the oven and let sit for about 2 minutes. Using a small spoon or butter knife, make little wells in each cookie muffin and place your desired chocolate inside and press down gently.
- Alternatively, you can place a couple mini marshmallows inside and then place your chocolate candy inside and press down gently. Then, as it starts to melt a little, place a few mini marshmallows on top to stick to the chocolate.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan and gently remove using your hands or a fork. Drizzle with melted Nutella if desired and serve.
Recipe adapted from Laura’s Sweet Spot.
And, because it’s a Fly Friday and I’m eating these candy bar cookie mini-muffins. . and I’m thankful for the support and love from all of my friends. . I want to spread some love!
My First Giveaway!
Hip Foodie Mom has partnered with the good folks at Peasants and Travelers and are very pleased to award one winner this freakin’ stylish laptop bag. I was going to model it but this dude is way better looking.
Details on the laptop bag, or you can click here for more information:
Laptop Bag – Navy Water Repellent Cotton Canvas
A stylish and sophisticated alternative to the typical computer bag, Peasants and Travelers computer bag is large enough for a 15” screen computer. The laptop bag has a adjustable canvas cross body shoulder strap that extends to 54″, as well as internal pockets, will keep you comfortable and well-planned, whether heading to class or a business meeting.
The rustic look of navy water repellent cotton canvas, with the leather trim offer a mix of scholarly edge with a toughness that goes above and beyond the typical computer bag.
This bag is hand crafted by second generation saddle makers in California. Limited Edition.
Dimensions: 16″ wide x 11″ high x 2″ gusset
To enter this giveaway, simply leave an answer to this question in the comments section of this post. And my sincere apologies, but this giveaway is only open to residents within the United States:
What’s your favorite rap song? And if you don’t like rap music, what’s your favorite dish or food to eat?
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES:
You can do the following and please remember to leave a comment in the comments section of this post telling me what you have done, so my plug-in thingy sees it and counts this as an entry!
- Like Hip Foodie Mom on Facebook. Leave a comment in the comments section saying you have done this and that comment will count as an extra entry for this giveaway.
- Follow Hip Foodie Mom on Twitter (@HipFoodieMom1). And leave a comment in the comments section and that comment will count as an extra entry for this giveaway.
- Like Peasants and Travelers on Facebook. Leave a comment in the comments section and that comment will count as an extra entry for this giveaway.
- One entry per person, PLUS additional qualified bonus entries (mentioned above). Your comment may take a few moments to appear on the page.
- Giveaway only eligible for residents within the United States.
- This giveaway ends on Friday, September 28, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
- ONE winner will be chosen at random from all of the comments/entries listed here on this post. Be sure to do the mandatory entry by answering the question and leaving a comment.
- ONE winner will be announced on Saturday, September 29, 2012. The winner will be notified via the email supplied in the entry and the winner’s name will be posted here on HipFoodieMom.com. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.