Father’s Day- Part 2.
I made the Mexican Spice rub for my husband (see recipe here) but since I don’t do spicy, I made the following simple rub for myself. I topped it with crumbled feta (photographed below; because we didn’t have any blue cheese). If you haven’t had blue cheese with your steak, you are missing out. Seriously, if you have not tried this you must go grill up a steak right now and top it with blue cheese and – of course- some delicious red wine and you are set. You’ll never go back to A1 steak sauce ever again. Word.
Sage, Rosemary & Olive Oil Rub for Steaks
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil (enough to rub over both sides of your steaks)
- 1 -2 teaspoons fresh rosemary; chopped (chop enough to cover both sides to your liking)
- 1 -2 teaspoons fresh sage; chopped (chop enough to cover both sides to your liking)
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Steaks (we used Tri tip)
- Blue cheese or feta cheese (not optional!)
** If you have time, prepare the rub ahead of time and let it sit on your steak/s in the fridge for a couple hours. This is what we did.**
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan.
- Wash, dry and chop your rosemary and sage
- Rub olive oil over both sides of your steak.
- Sprinkle the rosemary and sage all over the steaks; both sides (press in the herbs gently)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Grill the steaks!
- Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese or feta (if desired)