Over Memorial Day weekend, we were invited to a BBQ at my friend, Grace’s house. Her husband, John, was the grillin’ master that day: grilling up hot dogs, burgers, chicken, sausage . . . he even made a grilled vegetable and rice dish at the end on the grill. It was fantastic! He used a grilling skillet type thing. I have never seen these before but it was awesome and my hubby just purchased one from Bed, Bath & beyond. The skillet is great for cooking up some shrimp or vegetables. Even ideal for stir fry on the grill. Anyway, everything was really yummy and delicious but the CHICKEN was awesome. Grace marinated the chicken (thighs and breasts) with this recipe . It was so yummy, I had to ask her for the recipe & share! I hope this marinade inspires you to grill up some chicken this summer!
Grace’s Grilled Curry Chicken- Get Marinating & Grillin’!!
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 Tbs fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp of Sriracha sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- Using a food processor or by hand, whisk all ingredients above until well blended.
- Pound chicken breasts to help tenderize if they are thick. (Optional)
- Place marinade and chicken in ziploc bag and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill or bake in the oven until no longer pink.
Recipe from my friend, Grace, and adapted from Allrecipes.com. See original recipe here.