Kale Chips! Looking for a healthy and easy snack?! Try this easy and delicious recipe!
So, recently, I have been wanting to find some good recipes using kale. . and recipes using kale beyond a salad. I was first introduced to Kale living in Los Angeles working for an ad agency and ordering food in from Veggie Grill. . . They had an “All Hail Kale” salad: Marinated kale and red cabbage, roasted corn salsa, agave-roasted walnuts with a ginger-papaya vinaigrette. And “Steamin’ Kale”: Tender kale with a ginger-miso dressing and roasted sesame seeds. Both DELISH and to die for!
Kale, believe it or not, is a form of cabbage. Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin, and reasonably rich in calcium. (Wikipedia yo!) So, it’s amazing and totally nutritious and good for you. . so go EAT SOME! I will be cooking more with kale and posting more recipes so in the meantime, if you want a healthy snack or to get your kids to eat kale, try this!
- 4 to 5 cups, chopped Kale or 1 bag of Kale (Trader Joe's is my go-to)
- 3-4 tbs Olive oil (depending on how much you make)
- Garlic (1-2 cloves; up to you) or minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh Parmesan cheese; grated (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Put the kale in a big bowl, add the olive oil (3-4 tablespoons, don’t go crazy with the olive oil. If you do, the kale will taste too oily), salt, pepper and garlic. If you want to just toss in the garlic cloves, you can do that or if you are using minced garlic, add that in too.
- Toss and pour on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them; don't let them burn.
- Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on top right when they come out of the oven; if desired.
About to go into the oven:
Fresh out of the oven:
You can sprinkle with some fresh or grated parmesan cheese if you want to right when it comes out but they are totally tasty on their own! And they have the crunch like a chip! Your kids will love them! (And maybe your husband or BF will too)!