So, I went a little crazy today with the baking but I figured, it’s NEW YEARS EVE, why not? #dietstartstomorrow
Perfect for kids, a party or group of friends, these are not your everyday cookies. . you’ll know why when you read the ingredients below. But when you’re ready to indulge or make some for an occasion or group of people, this IS the recipe!
Might as well break out some ice cream and throw on a romantic comedy while you’re at it! Enjoy! These cookies are really worth it!
The Ultimate Monster Cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies (M&M’s; peanut butter M&M’s if you’re feeling crazy)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Any extras you want to throw in: Heath Bar toffee, nuts, peanut butter chips (whatever you want); (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
In a very LARGE mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well.
Stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips, (and any extras) if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake; they will burn, trust me. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.